Wednesday 22 May 2013

Bumdate: 24 Weeks

Hello good people,
Am back again with another bumpdate.
I can honestly tell you that the baby is definitely getting bigger. No more hiding.
My bump is all over the place.
But, I think that's a good thing coz it only means we are getting closer to meeting our baby for the first time.
How far along am I: 24 weeks 4 days
How am I feeling: Right now? Sleepy. Generally feeling good
Total Weight Gain: Maybe 6 kgs or 13lbs. Sometimes I feel so huge yet at other times I feel too tiny.
How big is Baby:According to Baby Center, baby is the size of an ear of corn. Really, that sounds weird. Anyway, lets just say that is the size.
Source: babycenter.com via jan on Pinterest

The baby is a foot long this week.
Maternity Clothes: Yes, all the way. Am thinking of shopping for some more this week.
Stretch marks: Not yet. However, for the past week I had this weird rash on my breasts that spread to the neck and was really ugly. I went to the doctor and was given some medicines which have worked miracles. Its now clearing up and I am slowly going back to showing off my cleavage! (better do it while you can, right? Who knows what will happen when the baby is here.)
Sleep: Am always sleepy. But I think I was a little overworked last week. Hope to catch up on sleep as the week wears off.
Best Moment of this Week: I could say Sunday when my hubby's family came to visit my parents. It was a really good day for us.
Movement: Lots of movement. The baby likes to start moving around when am lying still or just silent and relaxed which is similar to last week. He also moves when I eat or drink something. Am yet to master what he likes and what he doesn't.
Food Cravings: Most definitely! Loving soups and comfort food. I've been having a terrible cold so I've been really specific on what I eat. I found a really nice website called Hellofood that delivers food from my favorite local Nairobi restaurants at a very low cost. Am loving it coz now it means I can actually eat what I want without the stress of cooking or physically going to the restaurant.
Food Aversions: I just don't like strong smelling food. Thats it.
Labor Signs: Nope.
Belly Button In or Out: Kind of almost out. I can actually say it is overstretched. This baby is really getting big.
What I miss: Feeling more energetic and not having to take medicine every night.
What am looking forward to: More baby shopping. Cant wait to get the baby some more clothes and cute stuff that just makes me wish the baby was here already.
Milestone: 6 months already!!Doing good!!Am proud of me, hubby and baby!




3 comments:

  1. Hi great blog. You have been nominated for a blog award. Congrats please visit my blog for more information.

    http://www.beautylicousreviews.com/2013/05/i-was-nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog on the Lovely Blog Hop and started following on google friend connect. Congratulations on the baby!

    Ashley @ http://downsizingashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from Carolina! I'm bored to tears at work so I decided to browse your blog on my iphone during lunch
    break. I love the knowledge you present here and
    can't wait to take a look when I get home. I'm shocked at how fast your blog loaded
    on my cell phone .. I'm not even using WIFI,
    just 3G .. Anyhow, superb site!

    my weblog :: After Effects Templates

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the Love